Sunday, January 01, 2006

Blest be the tie the binds

As I celebrate the first of the year, I look back upon what 2005 brought into my life. This year is marked by the making of new friends and deepening relationships with people I've known for a long time. The year began with a small celebration of my closest friends. In May, I went to Jamaica. I met people who have forever changed my life. These friends truly are the iron the sharpeneth iron as we grow in Christ together. My closest friends are those who challenge me to dig deeper to into knowing Jesus.

After moving to South Bend where friends in large quanity are not as readily available (especailly compared to Purdue), the quality of my relationships has grown even more important. I'm not confortable keeping relationship surface level. Only those based on Christ truly last...and those last forever.

2006 will bring new experiences with these friends. One of my good friends Carissa is headed off to Mexico on the 4th. In Gridley we sang good-bye to her and another sister who is moving to Chicago. What a church we have that wishes a member God's grace and richest blessings! I truly feel "when we assunder part, it gives us inward pain. But we shall soon be joined in heart and hope to meet again." Other of my friends are getting married (I have 10 weddings I need to attend in 2006), some will have children, and there will be many tears, laughs etc... 2005 was an amazing year and it's all because of how Christ has shown is glory in my life.

I'm so thankful to count those closest to me not only as friends but brothers and sisters in Christ. My prayer is that all my friends will someday soon join the family.

Love and blessings to you all in 2006.

No comments: