Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baby Lottery

My sister commented the other day "You really won the baby lottery with Zoie." The more I think about it, the more I conclude she is right. Now I am Zoie's mom, so that makes me a little biased which I ask you to forgive. A few highlights though

1. She's totally cute and adorable (pictures below to prove my point).

2. She has been sleeping through the night since she was 6 weeks old. I'm talking always at least 8 hours and up to 11. When she first came home from the hospital she'd go to bed at night, sleep 4 hours, eat, and go right back to sleep. She was only "up" in the day time.


3.She is growing and healthy

4. She is very interactive. Unless she's grumpy, you can count on a smile if you talk to her. She especially likes older women, which makes her a hit at the nursing home when we visit my grandparents.

5. She is a good traveler. We've been all over since she was born (Georgia, Michigan, Indiana, and more times to Central Illinois then I care to count). Overall she's pretty content in the car seat once we get moving and she's been fed. She doesn't always like to be put in it and sometimes she's had enough...but overall pretty good. She also is able to sleep in her pack n play just as well as her crib.

6. She can calm herself and put herself to sleep. Sometimes she'll be mad in the carseat for a minute or two and then just be done with it. I think she knows her parents aren't giving in :). Also, if she is tired, if I just lay her in bed, she may fuss for a couple of minutes but pretty soon she'll just go to sleep. A lot of times, she doesn't fuss at all.


Many of the things that make Zoie especially easy as a baby are just a result of her being her. Mark and I are NOT wonderfully gifted parents. There are many wonderful parents whose babies are no less wonderful, just more work. We're just taking it day by day, learning how to care and love our little girl.

With this good baby, Mark is especially nervous about even the thought of a #2. He doesn't think you can gamble and do this good twice :).











3 comments:

Aubrey said...

You do know that by posting this, you're jinxing yourself right?? :)

Laura L. said...

I know. I wouldn't tell people she was sleeping through the night for like 2 weeks. I'll publiclly say it now...and so far so good :)

L, Ann and boys said...

Sweet girl, glad you're getting sleep and enjoying her. I was glad to meet her when we hit South Bend. =)

I don't know if you're jinxed or not by posting about your jack pot, but I wouldn't tell a mom who looks tired that she's so good if I were you...=)

An