I just want to give a shout out for a Happy New Year. I have many fun pictures I'll post soon.
In the mean time, I'd like to let you know about our fun Christmas card. Traditionally my family has done a rather painfully boring Christmas Card. It is usually taken at Grandma's house at Thanksgiving because that is when we are all together and have someone else to take the picture.
This year we had a little fun at Grandma's...see result below. We kind-of tried to deceive my mom that this one was just for "fun" and we wouldn't think about it for a Christmas card. Well it turned out so well that we begged and pleaded with her.
Now my self-conscious mother was adamant that we were not going to use that picture and wanted to use this one instead. After much debate and since she gets to order the cards, we allowed this safe one.
She surprised us with a mild compromise. She ordered 40 of the "fun" card and like 120 of the "boring" card. I have a "fun" card to treasure forever. I had no idea she had done this until I received ours in the mail. Needless to say for my mother this is very impressive.
Next year I told mom we need to do a fun card again, but she doesn't have to be the object of the fun next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment